- Dulux Duramax Chalky Finish in Classic Duck Egg
- Drop sheet or newspaper
- Safety glasses or goggles
- Painter’s tape
- Lazy Susan
STEP 1. SURFACE PREPARATION
- Choose a well-ventilated area.
- Place a drop sheet or newspaper on the floor or work surface to protect it from overspray. Put on safety glasses and gloves.
- With painters tape, mask off any areas of the vase or sideboard that you don’t want painted.
- Wipe down the surface with a damp cloth making sure it is clean and free from grease, rust and dirt. Ensure the surface is completely dry before painting.
STEP 2. APPLICATION
- Place smaller objects, such as a vase, on a Lazy Susan so you can spray all sides without touching your paintwork.
- Shake can for at least 3 minutes before and during use for ease of application. Spray several light mist coats of Dulux Duramax Chalky Finish on the surface.
- Hold can upright 15 to 25cm from the surface, and spray with smooth, even strokes parallel to the surface.
TIP 1. Prime the surface before painting for superior paint adhesion and a smoother finish.
STEP 3. CREATE A DISTRESSED FINISH
- For a distressed look, wait 2 hours after painting and then sand, or distress with fine to medium sandpaper.
- For a two-colour distressed look, apply two coats of two different Dulux Duramax Chalky Finish colours, wait 24 hours, then sand or distress with a fine to medium sandpaper.
STEP 4. CLEAN UP
- Clean up overspray while it is still wet with mineral turps. Spray unwanted paint onto newspaper and allow to dry. Check with your local council about responsible paint disposal
Dulux Duramax Chalky Finish is a fast-drying spray paint that delivers a velvety, ultra matt finish to a variety of surfaces, including wood, metal, glass and most plastics, allowing you to upcycle everything from dated furniture to dull accessories in less than an hour. In fact, painted pieces are touch dry in just 10 minutes! With its drip-free formulation, the high-performance paint delivers exceptional results every time – even if you’ve never attempted spray painting before. Dulux Duramax Chalky Finish is available in seven on-trend colours, including Classic Duck Egg, Bordeaux Cream and Vintage Charcoal. The velvety, ultra matt finish can be sanded to create a one-colour or two-colour distressed look, giving homewares a beautifully weathered appearance.
Available at hardware and paint specialist stores.