PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 1 hour
- 2 bunches Dutch or heirloom carrots. Trim from greens. Keep greens for use in White Bean Mash.
- 1 tbsp (20 mL) olive oil
- 3 tsp McCormick Organic Oregano Leaves
- ½ tsp McCormick Organic Cinnamon Ground
- 2 tsp (10mL) honey
- Salt & pepper
- Carrot greens from x2 carrot bunches
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 x 400g can white cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tsp McCormick Organic Cumin Ground
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil, extra to drizzle
- 2 tbsp (40 mL) hot water
- Pre-heat oven to 190˚C (170˚C fan-forced). In a large bowl, combine carrots, olive oil, oregano, cinnamon and honey. Season well with salt and pepper and toss to coat well.
- Place carrots in a single layer on a baking paper lined baking tray. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until carrots are just tender and starting to brown.
- Wash the carrot greens thoroughly. These greens will have residual dirt and sand particles. Soak the greens in a large basin filled with cold water. Then rinse them several times until the water runs clean and all dirt is removed. This is essential and ensures, the mash won’t be gritty.
- Place washed carrot greens and all other mash ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and process to a smooth consistency. If the mixture is too firm, add a little hot water, a tablespoon at a time until the desired texture is achieved.
- To serve, spread the mash on a large platter. Top with baked carrots and finish with a drizzle of olive oil.