PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 40 mins
- 150g raw cashews
- 500g small chat potatoes halved lengthways
- 1 large cauliflower
- 3 tsp McCormick Organic Turmeric Ground
- 3 tsp McCormick Organic Cumin Ground
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp McCormick Organic Chili Flakes
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable stock
- Place 100g (¾ cup) of cashews and 1 cup (250ml) boiling water in a heatproof bowl and allow to soak for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C (200°C fan-forced) Place remaining cashews on a baking paper-lined tray and toast in the oven for 3 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Place potato in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and place in a large roasting pan.
- Place cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, add 2 tablespoons water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly, then cut into quarters and add to potatoes. Combine 1 ½ tsp of turmeric and cumin with 2 tablespoons of oil. Pour over combined vegetables and gently toss to coat. Season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic to the pan and cook stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until turning brown. Add chilli, coriander stalks and remaining 1 ½ tsp of turmeric and cumin, and stock cook, stirring constantly until simmering. Drain cashews, add to the sauce then, using a stick blender, puree until smooth.
- Serve roasted vegetables in cashew sauce. Scatter over coriander leaves and toasted cashews.