PREP TIME: 20 mins
COOK TIME: 8 mins
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- The rind of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- Juice of half an orange
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices of prosciutto roughly chopped
- 1 bunch washed kale, stems removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chives, finely sliced
- Combine the lemon rind, lemon juice, orange juice, mustard, paprika, maple syrup, parsley and olive oil in a jar. Shake until well combined. Set aside.
- In a frypan over med-high heat, cook the prosciutto until nearly crispy, then add kale, cover with a lid and cook for approx 1 min or until the kale starts to wilt slightly. Remove pan from heat.
Tip. If the kale doesn't look cooked enough after 1 minute, keep in mind, it will continue to cook in the heat of the pan while you're warming the chickpeas in the microwave. However, if you feel it needs a little more heat once you've added the chickpeas, you can always give the pan a little extra cooking time before adding the dressing.
- Remove chickpeas from the can, drain and rinse thoroughly, place in a microwave-safe plate and heat for 1 minute, or until warm.
- Add the chickpeas and dressing to the pan and give it a good toss.
- Season with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of chives to serve.
Recipe by Johnsons World Kitchen.
Mr Fothergill’s and Johnsons seeds are available at Bunnings and independent garden retailers nationwide