Your home expresses who you are and should always contain the creature comforts you deserve!
Whether your style is Modern, Art Deco, Chalet, Federation, French Colonial, Cottage, Mansion or other, there is so much to consider when planning your kitchen, aside from style and finishes.
Kitchen Design Planning:
- If your kitchen cupboards don't reach the ceiling, consider incorporating a bulkhead into your design. It's a great way to avoid having to clean the top of your cupboards from the build-up of dust and adds a clean, streamlined look to your kitchen.
- How much room do you have to work with? Measure the walking space and traffic access points into your kitchen area first. This gives you a good starting base to plan your kitchen island, cupboard space, the location of your fridge (single or double fridge) oven size and style, food pantry and where your everyday appliances will be located.
- Avoid backbreaking work. Measure the bench-top height which is right for you. If your bench-top is too low, it is likely to strain your back and neck. This is a very important consideration, given the amount of time we spend in the kitchen!
- Remember to add a powerpoint access to your kitchen island.
- Depending on the area you have to work with and your lifestyle needs, your Kitchen Island could double as a dining table.
- Walk-in pantry is a must for almost every kitchen. If you don’t have spare wall space, you may opt to create a divider wall, which doubles as a pantry.
- Your kitchen island could be the perfect location for that mini bar fridge - as featured in the image below.
- Do you have a fridge with a built-in water filter and ice maker? If you do, don’t forget to add a water access point to your fridge.
- Appliances. Have you considered building cupboard space on your benchtop to store appliances? This makes it easier to keep that "showroom" look.
- If it fits your home style, consider creating storage space from the roof-line - as featured in featured in the image below.
- INSTANT hot and chilled water systems are convenient and great for our environment and saves you money on your electricity bills.
Artistic Kitchens have professional consultants to assist you in planning the perfect kitchen for your lifestyle needs.